Thursday 14 May 2015

Freemie with Medela PISA

0

My maternity leave is coming to the end. As I am going to resume work soon, I have been busy pumping to build up my breastmilk storage.

I am glad to be given the opportunity to try Freemie by XuaAn Best. I am currently using Medela PISA, however I find it inconvenient as I need to hold the 'horns' for the milk to flow into the bottle. With Freemie collection cups, I can pump handsfree with my shirt on and multitasks.

How to connect Freemie to Medela PISA
It is rather easy to connect Freemie to Medela PISA pump. Basically you just need Freemie's Quick Connector and Tubing and connect to Medela's tubing.

Since there are some mummies posted in facebook network that you can get the same or more yield if you replace Freemie's valve with Medela's valve, I have decided to give it a try.



My thoughts after using Freemie with Medela PISA
  1. Yes, you can get the same yield using Freemie with Medela's valve.
  2. To prevent leakage, it is best if you position your body straight upright.
  3. You need to ensure that your bra is tight fitting enough to hold the cups to your breast to avoid loss of suction. This may be a challenge if you need strong suction to draw out milk from your breast.

Where can I buy Freemie collection cups?
XuaAn Best is selling Freemie at RM340 with free shipping (including to Singapore too). Currently they are having a 5% discount storewide --> Price after discount is RM323. If you are unsure whether Freemie will work with your pump or not, they can offer you a free trial with a minimum deposit. This is definitely a plus point for those who wants to try out before purchasing it.


Coming soon...Milk storage and bottle feeding


- HX

0 comments:

Post a Comment