Friday 24 April 2015

Breastpump Review Ep1 - Spectra S1 vs M1

0

Spectra S1 or M1 

After mummies (or you) have decided the decision tree on which breast pump suit you best, you would probably looking for a home or travel base used pump. Often, you may want to buy a dual purpose use of pump right?

I have personally used both pump. Let me summarise my review as follows:

Pumping time : 30 mins
Let down : S1 1min and M1 28sec
Yield S1 and M1 : S1 7.5oz and M1 7oz

Pumping time : 20 mins
Let down : S1 50sec and M1 13sec
Yield S1 and M1 : S1 6oz and M1 7.1oz

Pumping time : 10 mins
Let down : S1 56sec and M1 29sec
Yield S1 and M1 : S1 4oz and M1 6.8oz

The pump do give different yield and different let down time. Conclusion is, M1 is good for a quick pump for me but I find that S1 give me a better simulation. I feels that S1 works like a milk booster pump.

As I am an EP mummy, I need a hospital grade pump to sustain my supply thus, I would consider buying a S1 at home and M1 due to the weight and size.

More specification review for your reference below.

Love,
Hot MaMa

Give me a like at my FB to keep me sharing <3

_________________________________________________________________________________

This is meant to share with mummy who considering S1 vs M1. 

This review is by Audrey Yeo, a singapore mummy. 

10444383_850828454930698_1052668579218849299_n
(Experiment conducted by Drey Drey Yeo)
S1 is a hospital grade pump.
It has a very unique suction where it vibrates ur nipple during suction, triggering your letdown to come faster and also helps to stimulate milk production unlike other pumps which will just pull and release.
It allows you to customize your pumping experience. You can set the suction power and suction duration separately. It is Close System, has a timer(auto off at 30mins) and night light(under handle) to make it easier to pump at night. Has a massage button to help achieve a letdown faster. In-built rechargeable battery which can last around 3hours of pumping.
M1 is a normal usage pump.
It has the same unique vibration suction like s1, just that the vibration is much faster for m1, therefore it might not be noticeable.
It has a Joint suction power/suction duration control, as u increase the suction power, the suction duration will also get longer. It is Close System and will auto switch off at 30mins. Has a massage button to help achieve a letdown faster. In-built rechargeable battery which can last around 1.5 hour of pumping.
Comparison of S1 Vs M1:
S1 is 1.12kg and M1 is at 300g
S1 is much bulkier(C:64cm, H:19cm), M1(C:37.5cm, H:7cm).
S1 battery last longer.
S1 may be able to help achieve more yield due to its unique suction.
S1 is much silent than M1.
S1 has stronger suction power.
M1 empties the breast much faster due to its longer suction duration(lv3,4,5)
Verdict:
S1 is more for serious pumping where your concern is more about increasing yield and also to have a more comfortable pumping experience. Recommended for Home use and Office use.
M1 is very portable due to its size and weight. It can empties the breast much faster due to it’s long suction duration, good for people who need to get pumping done in a short duration. Recommended for pumping on the go or for multi tasking(cooking, playing with kids while pumping).
Give me a like at my FB to keep me sharing <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment