Saturday 22 November 2014

Freemie Deluxe – Assemble with Medela Freestyle

3


FAQ: If I am using a non compatible pump (like me, I am using Medela Freestyle), can I self modify / enhance the parts to suit my pump?

I have read and understood that my pump, Medela Freestyle is not compatible with Freemie so I have made enquiries to the reseller and ask about it. I am worried what if I have spend the money and I could not use it? Worse, if I have to buy another pump just to use Freemie. My conversation and queries with the reseller as follows (green is reseller):
  • Is it compatible with Medela Freestyle?
  • Yes.
  • But I read and research, so far the reviews all commented a no. 
  • For Medela Deluxe, if you can use it with Medela Freestyle. 
  • What is the concern and why everyone say No? What is the risk? 
  • If you use a wrong pump the risk is the back flow problem. The milk may flow back to your pump. This can actually be resolved if you use a back flow protector. 
This is the back flow protector and how to assemble. A little modification and it works!



Tutorial & step by step:
  • After you assemble freemie (refer to my previous video sharing), you can now connect your tube to the (tube 2 – which is the bigger tube) . 
  • Fix the tube 2 to your BFP. 
TAKE NOTE! You must fix the tube 2 connecting to the smaller tubing toward the pump. Or else the BFP won’t be protecting your pump!
  • Then connect the other end of tube 2 to Medela. 
Vola! Happy pumping people!


Lots of Love,
Hot Mama

3 comments:

  1. "For Medela Deluxe, if you can use it with Medela Freestyle"

    Hi, did you mean Freemie Deluxe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. DID YOU HAVE TO BUY EXTRA TUBBING TO CONNECT THE BACK FLOW PROTECTOR?

    ReplyDelete