Saturday 13 December 2014

Christmas Stollen for Christmas party!

0

How do I avoid gaining weight for my upcoming Christmas party? 
Hohoho! Let's make some smart splurges so you feel satisfied with your holiday indulgence (no guilt!).

After a few times failed to bake an edible low-carb version of Ginger Breadman cookies for my Christmas holiday cookies craving, I was so demotivated. :( Eventually I changed my mind (understand that cookies is not my kinda thing). So I decided to bake Christmas Stollen! This is my first trial baking low carbs, gluten-free and "healtified" version of Christmas Stollen, it turns out to be perfect- moist, nutty, and perfected with the soft sense of cinnamon fragrance. I can't wait to share with all my dearest bimbos.

More good news for my dearest friends that complaints to me that they do not have a electric mixer making excuse that they couldn't bake - i mixed the ingredients using a blender (usual juice blender or food processor). Ha! Ha!


Ingredients A:
1. 4 eggs
2. 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
3. 1/2 cup of non-GMO coconut palm sweetener (or natural honey)
4. 1/4 cup of cranberry or other non-sugar added dried fruits
5. 1/2 cup of chopped walnut
6. 1/2 cup of grapeseed oil (or olive oil)

Ingredients B:
1. Half cup of coconut flour
2. Pinch of salt
3. 1 teaspoon of baking soda
4. 2 teaspoon of cinnamon power

A bit of icing sugar for dusting & deco.  

Step: 
1. Pre-heat oven at 175 °C, greased the baking pan.
2. Mix ingredients A to blender and pulse.
3. Add in ingredients B and pulse.
4. Pour batter into greased baking pan.
5. Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick check comes out clean.

Let cold, decorate with dust of icing and serve! Dig-in!

Stollen is a traditional German cake, usually eaten during the Christmas season, when it is called Weihnachtsstollen or "Christstollen." - Wikipedia


xoxo, Ms.SS



0 comments:

Post a Comment