Monday 17 November 2014

Healthy Banana Walnut Raisins Bread with Organic Buckwheat Flour Recipe (No sugar, No Oil)

0


Last Friday during the Isetan Year End sale, I managed to redeem this loaf pan using the vouchers that I have. I was so pumped up about baking that I bought the necessary ingredients the next day and to ensure that I don't procrastinate till my loaf pan goes missing, I decided to bake on that night itself. 

To be frank, I have this tiny fear about baking. Not sure why, but every time i decide to 'experiment' and 'bake' on my own, i.e. no mama's supervision, something goes haywire. (Yea, I caused a tiny fire once in the microwave oven, while trying to bake sweet potatoes) So, this time, the oven didnt fail me. While pre-heating the oven, the whole house blackout. Short-circuit! Damn..And my mom was just outside the kitchen watching tv. She was like, 'what did you do to the oven?'. zzzzz..Good thing, there is a plan B. Steam bread. Like super big 'mantao' or 'pao'. Still taste awesome. Look at my awesome pics below. 


Yummy-licious Banana Bread in my new loaf pan


My first loaf- in its bday suit (so proud) 


Can you believe this has NO OIL, NO SUGAR. OMGG!! 

And its so easy to make this. Baking is like a creative process. I found this recipe on the net and I just add this take out that n it still works out great. Feast your eyes on my recipe:


Dry:
1 cup organic buckwheat flour
1/2 cup flaxseed flour/powder
1/2 cup hi-protein bread flour
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Handful of pumpkin seeds, walnuts and raisins (depends on your preference)


Wet:
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
4 ripe bananas


Directions:
1) Mix all dry ingredients.
2) Whisk egg, add banana and vanilla extract and mash all till smooth.
3) Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture.
4) Place mixture in a loaf pan.
5) Steam for 40 mins.

Hope you find my healthy recipe helpful. This bread is high in protein and omega3 with all natural goodness.

Xoxo,
Miss Sue_eats

0 comments:

Post a Comment