Friday 3 April 2015

Are you ready for Breast-feeding? Prepare emotionally and physically - new mother diary Ep1

0

Breastfeeding
when you think you know it all..



When I was first pregnant, I thought I knew it all, I thought breastfeeding is a natural thing that just come with the baby. As it is supposed to be a natural thing, taken it for granted, never ever in my life I would have thought to do research on it.

Baby was naturally vagina born. She is so beautiful and everything just fall into place like my desired birth plan. My gynae was very co-operation on my hypnobirthing and it is just... so beautiful...

I am ready to give my baby the first feed. Nurse put her lying on my chest and my baby just latch on. Thank god. She have the most perfect latch ever. The nurses just could not stop praising how smart my hours born baby is. The latch is just so awesomely-perfect. Baby was then carried away to the baby room and I am allowed to rest. 



The second feed came not much longer after that. I let her latch on and baby just keep sucking and sucking. For a few minutes she fall asleep and I then put her to the baby cot. Third feed came again not much longer after that and it continues with shorter and shorter interval.

Ok. Something is not right.

Next day, baby start crying after a sucking for a while. Panic mum button is on! Why? What has happened? Nurse asked a LC to came over for consultation. During the consultation, LC gave me some pointers that every new mum should know about breastfeeding or at least prepare themselves for it. Well, it is very much vary from individual but it is do apply for me, personal experience.

  • Milk do not come immediately after birth. In the initial stage (1-3 days) only colostrum are produced. I call it the first gold milk. Colostrum is the best (full of antibiotic and immunoglobulins) and it is sufficient for your baby's demand. Read more here.
  • Milk supply equal demand. Every mum would have sufficient supply for their babies. Supply = Demand = Supply. Read more here.
  • There are a lot of old people saying (myth) about breastfeeding. Believe in yourself and believe  always believe that breastmilk is the best milk for a baby. If anyone else tell you otherwise, ask them talk to WHO. Read more here.
  • Breastfeeding is NOT the cause of jaundice. Jaundice is NORMAL among new born babies. Read more here.
  • There is no best pump, there is no best milk booster if you do not latch. Only with latching, breastfeeding journey can be a sustainable journey. But of course, some of us would have reason of why she could not DL. However, if it is possible do keep on DL. It helps you in every way and of course it is one of the reason why you want to breastfeed? DL is the best bonding time.
  • Tips of success.
  • Diet of a breastfeeding mum.


Keeping all these, I went back home and begin my confinement journey. Read my trouble confinement journey here.

Love,
Hot MaMa.

Give me a like at my FB to keep me sharing <3










0 comments:

Post a Comment