Saturday 29 November 2014

Tim Ho Wan @ Mid Valley, Garden (The Long Awaited Restaurant!!)

0

Finally the long waited cheapest Michelin Star Restaurant is now in the town!

The doors are open! The queue was quite long, even at 2 pm. 
Every one is dying to have a bite of the famous baked siew pao.

Menu and its charges. Not cheap eh. That's the whole menu. 
Limited selection to cater for quick turnaround.

Tadaa! The famous must-try siew pao! RM10.80 for 3 buns. 

They probably need to improve on the consistency of the filling. Not much pork inside my bun. I thought it's not bad, tasty. Ms SS said that the HK bun is better.

Beancurd skin roll with Pork & Shrimp RM8.80. 
Quite tasty, Bigger shrimps to justify the price. 

Glutinous Rice with Lotus Leaf RM12.80.Tasty, and the portion is quite huge. 
We couldn't finish it. Rice is soft and meat is tender.

Pork Dumpling with Shrimp RM10.80 

Shrimp Roll. RM12.80 

Pan-fried carrot cake. RM9.80. Should try this! Yummy! 
Ms SS claimed its better than HK. 

Their must-try Tonic Medlar & Osmanthus Cake. RM6.80 I like it. 
Quite refreshing to end the tasty meal. 


The Verdict:

Food: (7/10)
As a first timer at Tim Ho Wan. I thought the dim sum was pretty decent. I liked the baked siew pao (but I hoped for more filling in my bun), beancurd skin roll and the Osmanthus jelly. But it depends on the personal preference. Won't go wrong ordering anything on their menu, as they specialize in those in that 1 sheet of paper.

Price: Value of Money (5/10)
For 4 pax, we incurred RM115. So, around RM30 per pax. I think that could cover for 2 pax in my usual dim sum shop. Comparing the basic ingredients, I guess, I would much rather take away the baked buns and jelly, the others are decent but probably doesn't really justify the premium? But then again, this is the cheapest Michelin Star restaurant in town!

Ambiance: (5/10)
Ok, I haven't been to any of the Tim Ho Wan so I didn't really know how would it look like. Just a typical char-chan-teng, with square tables like those (kopitiam) coffee shops in the shopping malls. Quite noisy inside, so not a place to catch up etc. This also means, the you don't have to queue outside for long, as people won't linger after they are done with their meal.

Overall: (6.5/10)
I thought it is a bit overrated. Maybe I had too high expectations as it was widely talked about. But, those who have been to other franchises and like it, this concept wont differ much from that. But you should definitely try if you haven't tried their baked siew buns before. It's an experience on its own. haha


Xoxo and have a great weekend (not queuing up I hope),

Ms Sue_eats
(Other contributor to the review - Ms SS)

0 comments:

Post a Comment