Sunday 23 November 2014

I loss 4kg in 2 weeks!

0

I received loads of compliments when I attend my friend's wedding reception last weekend. My friends are amazed with my quick weight loss results. (They just met me few weeks ago, and they are shocked to see I got a quick transform from L to M size in short time). Many were curious on my secret of quick weight loss. But what I am gonna share here is a simple diet that you may have already known; it will work wonderful if you execute it accordingly.

There are many possible ways of quick weight loss but most of them require you to be hungry and unsatisfied. I am a fan of Atkins diet a.k.a low carbs diet. Love this diet concept as it allows me to eat big portion, no exercise required (it’s optional) and effective results even in the first week of induction. What you need it’s just a careful mind and a bit of discipline. I felt it is tailored for lazy peep like me :p

The key words to success – “WATCH THE CARBS”, keep it below 22g of carbs per day for the first two weeks. And your body will be autopilot and you will soon realize you’ve turned yourself into a FAT BURNING BEAST!


3 STEPS for QUICK WEIGHT LOSS
1. Cut the SUGAR, RICE and FLOUR


The most important part is to eliminate sugars and high carbs food from your daily meal. I understand it is tough to apply this in Malaysia context as we are so weak / irresistible to all the good local food. 
That’s why you need a bit of discipline to succeed. Low carbs diet is all about change of eating habits, you will be able to appreciate of Step No.1 when you see immediate weight loss in the first 3 days when you induce the new diet to your body (strictly), and you’ll be amazed by the quick results and sustained until you get your ideal weight. 

I personally shed 3 kg in the first week when I do this strictly, without any cheat day.

Reasons that Step No.1 is so important as Sugar/ high carbs foods will stimulate secretion of insulin, and insulin is the main culprit that makes us gain weight. 
Insulin also called “fat storage hormone” in layman term. Cutting all Sugar and high carbs food directly reducing the insulin level. When insulin goes down, it’s will be easier for the FAT to go out of the fat storage (on your tight, especially tummy) and your body will start burning fats (from storage) instead of carbs. 
Another benefit of lowering insulin is that your kidneys shed excess sodium and water out of your body, which reduces bloat and unnecessary water weight if this is your reason of extra weight.


2. Eat ONLY allowable food


The good thing I appreciate about low-carb diet is eating until fullness, while the low-calories diet is calorie restricted and hungry. Don’t be frightened by the oil/ butter, they are all very low in carbs and it’s allowable for this diet. Eating all the allowable food here will keep your carbs below 22g per day but still will keep your stomach full and satisfied.
  1. Eat all kind of meat/poultry, fish and eggs – any cooking style as long as non-breaded and no-sugar added
  2. Eat all kind of vegetables
  3. Eat all kind of fat source include butter and cheese. Don’t be afraid to fried the eggs with any cooking oil in this diet

3. Have a CHEAT DAY bi-weekly (recommended after your 2 weeks induction)
This is not in Atkins diet recommendation but I think cheat day is essential (very important) for people who do not have iron willpower like me to keep-going. Carbs re-feed is so important that you wouldn't give up easily and be encouraged throughout the diet journey. You will find yourself gain a bit of water weight the next day after carb re-feed but it will go away when you’re back on track.

Tips to survive 2 weeks induction in Malaysia context:
  1. Avoid all your favorite national breakfast which includes mee/ meehon goreng, roti canai, nasi lemak. But eat all kinds of meats/ poultry, eggs and vegetables. I have a list of delicious low carbs recipes for working day breakfast that can be ready within 5 minutes if your office has a microwave (stay tune!). Further, eat chap fan (mixed rice) without rice, say no to sides (if it is high carbs goodie) when you order set lunch.
  2. No sweet drinks – Order tea without sugar or Americano when you reach Starbucks counter, run fast when you walk pass Chatime bar. Say no to fruit juice for first 2 weeks when you kick-start your diet as juice naturally high in sugar (even it stated “organic”) and it will interfere your weight loss. Avoid milk – 100g of milk in your café latte contains 16g of carbs where it almost the carbs ceiling for the day.
  3. Read the nutrition facts, beware of all the healthy food options as many of those naturally high in carbs (even it’s gluten-free – they are all high carbs!)
After 2 weeks induction, I am currently fine-tuning my carbs tolerance level by introducing different carbs source every day to find out how much carbs that my body can take for continuance weight loss and lifetime maintenance.

I have shed 4 kg so far. This is a great achievement of mine as I always include weight loss in my new year resolution but it never gets realized. I used to joke that weight loss is a resolution with a life-long time frame (no deadline), but in fact, it can be achieve quite easily with a bit of change in eating habits and need no exercise at all. Remember, never starve yourself, and eat when you feel hungry. But pick the right food to eat.

Let me know what you think :)

Xoxo, Ms. SS

0 comments:

Post a Comment