Friday 28 November 2014

London Sandwich Co. @KLCC. Healthy Fast Food to go.

0



Can’t believe it! How can this open without me knowing? After my UK trip back in June, I always missed this convenient café which has a great concept of having healthy fast food available. They serve from warm soups to gluten free mains, all available on a takeaway basis. I am not sure whether you have seen this before -> Pret A Manger/M&S. I think it’s available like almost everywhere I see. 

Now a ‘London’ café has arrived in town, KLCC, to be precise. Woohoo! I am happy!  I stumbled upon this sandwich bar while heading to Avenue K to take away something healthy. 

This store is called, ‘London Sandwich Co.’  Tagline- ‘Just Real, Honest Food’. They just opened like about 4 months ago. Well, like the name of the bar, they sell a variety of sandwiches. Also, they offer other options like salads and sides such as fruits, and healthy snacks. They have a small kitchen which prepares the sandwiches fresh every day. 

“If you feel indecisive, you can take 2 different sandwiches. I calculated, the additional price to pay for being ‘fickle’ is approx. 90 cents. For example, The Londoner costs RM12.90 for the pair (RM6.45 per half); RM6.90 for the fickle, so its approx. RM0.45 savings per half.”



As I am not going to gym today, I went for the Caesar Salad. RM11.90



Finished! I thought this tagline is funny. 

The Verdict:

Using the major coffee café franchises which also sell fast-food salads as my benchmark, I thought overall, the salad is not bad, given the price, RM11.90. I didn’t really add the sauce to reduce my calories intake. I didn’t need to anyway, because the chicken is seasoned quite well. I can also tell that the salad leaves are quite fresh, by the look and the taste (not brown n still crunchy). 

Just thought that inline with their concept of being healthy, they can probably consider display the calorie contents so that it’s easier for the weight watches to make decisions. Also, I hope, in the future, they’ll introduce wraps-to-go as well, for those who are watching their carbo intake. 

Their best sellers are the sandwiches, which I’ll probably come back and try soon! The owner/ attendant recommended ‘The Londener’which is lower in calories as there is no Mayo, and also another healthy option of the Chicken Avocado. Also, in conjunction with the festive season, they have ‘Cranbrie Chicken’. 

I thought they were quite smart with the concept of ‘fickle’ or ‘double standards’. 90 cents difference, I probably just try 2 different sandwiches for variety.


Details:
KLCC Ground Floor. They deliver as well. Just need to email them at the address below. hello@londonsandwichco.com.my

Visit them at their facebook:


xoxo,

Miss Sue_eats 

0 comments:

Post a Comment